RefuAid provide refugees in the UK with an interest-free loan to cover the legal and transport costs of reunifying your family. The loan is made interest-free and is to cover the legal fees associated with, and the travel costs of, reunifying your immediate family once you have been granted asylum in the UK.
* loans are interest-free but you will be charged an additional £65 administration fee.
Your partner or child can apply to join or stay with you in the UK if:
- you were separated when you were forced to leave your country
- you’ve been given asylum or 5 years’ humanitarian protection but don’t yet have British citizenship
Your partner or child can’t apply if:
- you haven’t received a decision on your asylum application
- you’re under 18
If their application is successful, your family members will be allowed to come to or stay in the UK with the same permission (‘leave’) as you.
Your partner and any children must meet the following requirements.
Your partner is someone you’re in a genuine relationship with. You must be able to prove one of the following:
- you’re married
- you’re in a civil partnership
If you’re not married or in a civil partnership, your partner can apply if:
- you were given refugee status or humanitarian protection on or after 9 October 2006
- you’ve lived together in a relationship like in a marriage or civil partnership for 2 years and you’ve been given asylum or humanitarian protection after 9 October 2006
You and your partner must intend to live together and continue your relationship after they apply.
Your child is:
- under the age of 18
- going to live with you and your partner
- going to be supported by you without using public funds
- not married or in a civil partnership
- not in full-time employment
Find out more about eligibility and reunification at: https://www.gov.uk/settlement-refugee-or-humanitarian-protection/family-reunion