INTERNATIONAL PROJECTS ASSISTANT
This position is unsalaried. Expense reimbursements of up to £200 per month will be provided. Accommodation and flights will be covered when travelling internationally. The successful candidate will have consistent professional support and development opportunities.
Job Type: Internship (37.5 hours per week – 2 days a week working from home)
Location: Bermondsey, London with international travel
Duration: 3 months with potential to extend for the right person.
RefuAid support community-led organisations in order to increase local capacity to respond to an unprecedented humanitarian crisis and build a platform for future economic and social development. RefuAid encourage a focus on alternatives to protracted refugee camps and ensure host communities are sufficiently supported, improving prospects for all.
We are looking for an international projects assistant to support our work and increase our impact.
This is a unique opportunity to develop a wide range of skills in a varied and exciting role. As our 6th team member, you will have an incredible impact on this quickly growing non-profit organisation.
You will work directly alongside the international projects lead, providing support within a variety of areas, to help build a solid foundation for growing the organisation.
You will be joining our small team as we prepare to scale up our international support and have a wider impact on refugee and host communities overseas.
You will be responsible for coordinating operational and administrative aspects of RefuAid’s international projects.
· Schedule and organise meetings with partners and make associated travel arrangements
· Take minutes
· Organise and maintain a database
· Assist with data entry
· Assist with research
· Prepare reports for staff, partners and donors
· Assist with the processing of grant payments
· Conduct ad-hoc jobs related to either project management or project support
· Provide ad-hoc support to UK projects team when needed
- Ability to work independently, with a pro-active, creative and positive attitude
- A proven ability to communicate effectively
- Willingness to travel
- Confidence and enthusiasm in approaching new people and taking on new tasks
- Proficient computer use, including word-processing and advanced spreadsheet use
- A keen interest and up-to-date knowledge of challenges facing refugee and host communities throughout the world
- Organising and carrying out administrative tasks with excellent attention to detail
- Passion to work on long-term sustainable projects and a drive to increase RefuAid’s reach.
- Knowledge and understanding of issues affecting refugee and host communities in sub-Saharan Africa
- Knowledge and understanding of issues affecting refugee and host communities in Greece
- Knowledge of Arabic
If you thrive in an environment where no day is the same and you enjoy working with people from diverse backgrounds, then you will be both inspired and enthused by the role. You will have a passion for supporting long-term community led initiatives and be highly organised with a quick thinking, problem-solving attitude.
What we can offer you:
RefuAid is a small, rapidly growing non-profit organisation. By joining us at this critical stage in our development you will have a significant impact on our growth and future success.
- You will be given a high degree of responsibility and flexibility.
- You will challenge yourself and develop skills by applying yourself to a dynamic, young charity.
- You will benefit from international travel and experience working in refugee hosting communities globally.
- You will help us to make a difference to thousands of peoples lives.
- You will enhance your skills through professional development opportunities.
Please send your CV and a supporting statement of no more than 1 side of A4 to email@example.com by 24th March 2017. Please also detail your availability, including your earliest available start date.
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis, from April 3rd 2017.