EMPLOYMENT AND EDUCATION OFFICER, UK
Job Type: Full time (flexible working, 35 hours a week)
Location: South London with national travel.
Duration: 1 year
Start date: September 2017
The successful candidate will provide support to refugee candidates on both the Language UK and RefuAid: Access Loan programme.
The employment and education officer will work with refugees that apply to both our language programme and requalification loan scheme. You will develop learning plans with and for refugee candidates that are seeking access to education and employment opportunities in the UK. You will work directly alongside the Language UK programme officer and Head of UK projects, providing support within a variety of areas.
· Casework, directly working with refugees.
· Researching suitable employment and education pathways.
· Establishing a working relationship with corporates and professional bodies.
· Liaising with partner organisations, both non-profit and language schools/ maintaining partnerships.
· Provide careers advice and guidance.
· Administration assistance - database and accounts.
· Participate in any necessary meetings.
· Ensuring effective monitoring and evaluation.
· Any other reasonable activity as needed for RefuAid
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES:
· Excellent administrative and time management skills
· Excellent ability to work independently and use initiative
· Excellent communication skills on telephone, in writing and in person
· Commitment to, understanding and sensitive communication of our work and values
· A high standard of spoken and written English.
· Excellent numeracy
· Meticulous; high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
· Excellent IT skills; specifically, Microsoft Office but additional software programs would be an advantage
· Interest in the importance of long-term solutions in refugee-hosting communities, specifically in breaking down barrier to integration.
· Enthusiastic and positive attitude; flexible and adaptable
· Collaborative team-player who will get involved in whatever needs to be done to achieve the aims of RefuAid.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter of no more than 1 A4 page to Tamsyn@refuaid.org.
Closing date for applications: 7th August
Interviews in Surbiton w/c 14th August