Team Coordinator, London UK
Reporting to: Co-founders
Starting salary: £30,000 (pro- rata)
Contract: 2 years fixed term
Hours: 32 hours over 4 days a week (Monday – Thursday)
RefuAid is a young and dynamic organisation supporting displaced people gain independence. We focus on three key barriers for refugees trying to restart their lives in the UK: finance and re-qualification, language tuition and specialist employment advice.
We want to challenge the negative rhetoric surrounding refugees and show that, given the right support, refugees and asylum seekers can be an asset both economically and culturally to their host communities.
Under the banner of ‘Hope; Resilience; Unity’, we require and hope to generate plenty of all three.
We’re looking for a new team member to ensure our systems and programmes run smoothly. Our Team Coordinator will act as the lynchpin of our organisation, making sure that our internal processes are efficient and effective, supporting our Co-Founders to manage their diaries and inbox, and fielding enquiries.
We’re looking for someone who excels at multitasking and enjoys turning ideas into action. You’ll be a natural organiser who can build their own systems for managing a wide range of ongoing and ad hoc tasks – but you’ll also be happy to reprioritise to accommodate changing needs. You’ll excel at communicating and coordinating across the team, as well as representing RefuAid to external contacts at all levels. When you’re faced with new or complex tasks (or problems) you’ll use your initiative and positive attitude to work out the way forward, but you’ll also know when to check in with the team.
The Team Coordinator will be line managed by our Co-Founders and will work across our committed team of eight gaining exposure to all aspects of RefuAid’s work. You’ll be based in our Brixton office, with flexible office hours and scope for remote or home-working some of the time.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES:
· Outstanding multitasking skills, with a proven ability to manage a diverse and dynamic workload
· Highly organised and structured, but also willing and able to adapt to changing priorities and different team members’ needs
· Able to communicate effectively with the team at all levels, as well as dealing with external contacts in a confident and professional way
· A self-starter who is unfazed by new or complex tasks; able to take the initiative to solve problems and learn new skills
· Strong attention to detail and willing to persevere to ensure tasks are completed to the highest standard
· Highly IT literate with an ability to learn new software quickly; excellent understanding of Microsoft Office, Salesforce and G Suite (Google apps)
· Discreet and able to respect confidentiality, particularly when dealing with HR, financial and governance issues.
· An interest in migration and social change.
· Experience of using CRM software, Xero or similar packages
· Experience with HR procedures
· Manage the day-to-day administration of core team systems including office management, team meetings, IT, information management, HR and financial administration.
· Support the Co-founders to manage their responsibilities and relationships, including diary and inbox management, meeting and travel preparation, and expenses management.
· Act as the first point of call for general enquiries.
· Provide basic administrative support to the language and employment teams (4 people).
· Supporting the smooth running of governance processes, including scheduling, preparing papers for and minute-taking at Board meetings.
· Organise national and international travel and accommodation for team members.
· Committed to RefuAid’s mission to challenge the negative rhetoric surrounding refugees and show that, given the right support, refugees and asylum seekers can be an asset both economically and culturally to their host communities.
· Takes pride in enabling others to succeed.
· Takes responsibility for their own work and is constantly looking for ways to improve existing approaches.
· Able to adapt to the needs of an innovative, growing organisation.
Committed to reflection and learning, including sharing failures and uncertainties.
We are committed to providing equality and fairness for all and not to discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, mental health, religion or age. We encourage and celebrate the different qualities that our colleagues, and others we work with, bring to our work. And we believe that seeing things from a wide range of different perspectives helps us to resolve problems, adapt our approaches and develop as an organisation. We want to bring greater diversity to our team and we are keen to receive applications from people who believe they would do this.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter of no more than 1 A4 page to email@example.com
Due to a high volume of applications we are only able to respond to successful applications. Closing date 9th December 2018.